The A1 licence is aimed at those who are 17 and above and want a full motorcycle licence, but do not intend riding anything larger than 125cc 11KW (14.6bhp). It is also the only licence that can be gained by those aged 17 to 19 inclusive. The A1 Test and training is completed on a 125cc motorcycle.
You must complete CBT, a motorcycle theory test and after further training, take a practical test comprising Module 1 (Off road test) and Module 2 (On road, similar to the car test).
You can take CBT, further training and the practical test all as part of an intensive course or in stages from the CBT to Module 1 and then to Module 2.
A1 Licence Courses
The A1 Licence courses that we run are as follows
• Staged course
• 3-day course (Experienced Riders) Tests on 4th day
• 5-day course (Novice Riders) Tests on 6th day
This is where training is taken in stages.
The CBT is the first day and at the end of the course your instructor would give you a plan for your training based on how you progressed on the CBT or any previous experience you may have. You can then take the Theory test and book further lessons as and when required. Usually training to Module 1 and on passing this, further training to Module 2.
Alternatively, if you already have a valid CBT certificate, we would conduct either a first day of training, or a 1 hour assessment on the road and then give a plan for your training subsequent to that.
This is a safe option if you are unsure whether you should go for the 3 or 5 day course.
This course is for a very experienced rider with driving experience in the likes of Inverness traffic ie: Dual Carriageways and Multi lane roundabouts.
• Day 1 will be your CBT conducted on a 125cc machine.
• Day 2 road training in morning and a session with emphasis on clutch control and slow riding skills.Training session at the Module 1 test centre in the afternoon practising the Module 1 test manoeuvres.
• Day 3 road training with emphasis on Module 2 skills in various roads and traffic conditions.
• Day 4 Module 1 and 2 tests with a warm-up session prior to each.
This course is suitable for a novice rider.
• Day 1 CBT conducted on a 125cc machine.
• Day 2 road training on 125 building on experience from CBT
• Day 3 road training with country riding and progression towards Module 2 skills.
• Day 4 emphasis on clutch control and slow riding skills in the morning with a training session at the Module 1 test centre in the afternoon practising the Module 1 test manoeuvres
• Day 5 Final training on road with emphasis on Module 2 skills in various roads and traffic conditions.
• Day 6 Module 1 and 2 tests with a warm-up session prior to each.
For more information or to book call 07764 155891