The A2 licence is aimed at those who are 19 and above and want a full motorcycle licence, but do not intend riding too powerful a motorbike in the immediate future. It is also the only licence that can be gained by those aged nineteen to twenty four inclusive. The A2 Test and training is completed on a 500cc motorcycle.
You must complete CBT, a motorcycle theory test and after further training, take a practical test comprising Module 1 (Off road test) and Module 2 (On road, similar to the car test).
You can take CBT, further training and the practical test all as part of an intensive course or in stages from the CBT to Module 1 and then to Module 2. This then gives the successful candidate entitlement to ride machines up to 35KW (46.6bhp)
A2 Licence Courses
The A2 Licence courses that we run are as follows
• Staged course
• 3-day course (Experienced Riders) Tests on 4th day
• 5-day course (Novice Riders) Tests on 6th day
This is where training is taken in stages.
The CBT is the first day and at the end of the course your instructor would give you a plan for your training based on how you progressed on the CBT or any previous experience you may have. You can then take the Theory test and book further lessons as and when required. Usually training to Module 1 and on passing this, further training to Module 2.
Alternatively, if you already have a valid CBT certificate or an A1 licence, we would conduct either a first day of training, or a 1 hour assessment on the road and then give a plan for your training subsequent to that.
This is a safe option if you are unsure whether you should go for the 3 or 5 day course or if you already hold an A1 licence.
This course is for a very experienced rider with driving experience in the likes of Inverness traffic ie: Dual Carriageways and Multi lane roundabouts.
• Day 1 will be your CBT conducted on a 125cc machine.
• Day 2 introduction to 500cc machine with emphasis on clutch control and slow riding skills in the morning with a training session at the Module 1 test centre in the afternoon practising the Module 1 test manoeuvres.
• Day 3 road training with emphasis on Module 2 skills in various roads and traffic conditions.
• Day 4 Module 1 and 2 tests with a warm-up session prior to each.
This course is suitable for a novice rider.
• Day 1 CBT conducted on a 125cc machine.
• Day 2 road training on 125 building on experience from CBT
• Day 3 road training and introduction to 500cc machine at appropriate time determined by Instructor
• Day 4 emphasis on clutch control and slow riding skills in the morning with a training session at the Module 1 test centre in the afternoon practising the Module 1 test manoeuvres
• Day 5 Final training on road with emphasis on Module 2 skills in various roads and traffic conditions.
• Day 6 Module 1 and 2 tests with a warm-up session prior to each.
For more information or to book call 07764 155891